VISION AND OBJECTIVES: As the altar servers’ ministry, we assist the celebrant and worshipping community in the celebration of the Liturgy of the Mass, special Liturgies and celebrations, and the celebration of the sacraments. We are blessed to have an intricate role in the Mass, performing specific actions and setting an example to the congregation by our active participation in the Liturgy. It is our hope that the tasks we perform will help out worship to draw all of us to participate in an intimate way during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and to desire unity with Jesus Christ.
ACTIVITIES: We Altar Servers, actively participate in every Eucharistic celebration we serve. And actively take part in most of the parish activities or programs.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
– Altar Servers should not leave the sanctuary after the start of Mass for any reason except bathroom emergencies, illness, or when directed to do so by the priest.
– Serve at every mass that you scheduled for, or make arrangements to have someone cover the mass
– Arrive at least 15 minutes before the Mass starts to get dressed and make sure that the Altar is prepared
– Make sure the candles are lit, bread, wine, water, towels, bowl, prayer book, and any other sacramentals are in their proper place
– Perform the duties assigned during the mass in the prescribed orderly manner
– Maintain a prayerful posture during all times in the Sacristy (if you are not doing something your hands should be folded in your lap)
– After the mass, return to the Sanctuary, Sacristy, and preparation areas to ensure that everything is set up for the next mass
– Be quiet and respectful when on the Altar, you are role models
– Be attentive and respond immediately when the priest asks for help
– Make sure that your Surplice are returned the way you found them
– PAY ATTENTION
MEETING TIMINGS AND VENUE:
“We encourage young people to consider serving as an altar server, and to sign up soon for training and participation in a ministry filled with love of the Eucharist and spirit”. We meet every Saturday at 3:30 PM. We meet at the Hall in St. Joseph’s Cathedral or St. Philomena’s Church.